Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Meals, the gym and...Wild fires?

Before work this morning at 10:30 I decided to make a mid-morning snack to hold myself over until I got out at 3:00, so I ate this little guy


which consisted of a mini fiber wrap (I'll post a picture of the bag) which are awesome because they only have 50 calories and almost all the carbs come from fiber which is super important for having enjoyable poops AND to help lose weight believe it or not. Anyway, it was a mini fiber wrap, one egg and a sprinkle of reduced fat cheese. If anyone ends up buying the tortillas, I suggest microwaving it for a minute first because it's made with predominantly oat fiber not flour, it has a weird texture until its a little crispier. 


Alright moving on, Apparently in Colorado, there are a lot of forrest fires due to the general lack of rain and dry climate. This is a very sub-par picture of the flatirons clouded by smoke. Wish I could have gotten a better shot, but seeing as I was driving and trying to take a picture on my phone at the same time, I'm not too sorry.


AAAAnd now for dinner. For lunch, the office bought us all salads and soup from Mad Greens which was delicious. For dinner, I had a small salad and Chili that I made yesterday. 


It may not look like much, but that Chili is one of the secrets to my success. I modified the HCG diet recipe for Chili and it is AMAZING. Like I actually crave the taste of it and it's really healthy. I use a big fry pan and throw in 1 pound of ground beef or preferably bison, but bison is $10 a pound if you don't get it costco so I had beef this time. Half of an onion sliced, and a big spoonful of minced garlic from my Costco sized jar of garlic. Yes. I am too lazy to mince it fresh :P. Then I wait until the meat can be broken up and is browned. I then add one can of diced tomatoes, and about a quarter cup of water. I then throw in 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of cayenne depending on how spicy you like it, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and oregano leaves and let it simmer until the water has cooked off. Do a taste test and add stuff as needed. Tobasco is a good addition as well. 

That's all for now! Time to watch the office on netflix :)

No comments:

Post a Comment