Monday, June 11, 2012

Let us begin.

Good evening!
This is the first of hopefully many posts in my third started blog. The other two haven't been so successful. Let me rephrase, I haven't been so successful with the last two. Like all the diaries I started when I was younger, I wrote religiously for two weeks, and then just didn't have anything else interesting to say. However, I am hoping that this blog will be more ongoing considering there will always be something to write about in my fitness/food life.

With that said, the main topic of this will be workouts, eating healthy, my never ending sarcasm and me talking about how much I love junk food. Fun combo right? I thought so. So without further ado, the very brief version of how I started working out....

My gym adventures started two novembers ago (november of 2010). It was right after my senior field hockey season ended and thus the end of organized sports for my foreseeable future and I started going to the gym to stay in shape. I also started paying more attention to what I ate and started seeing great results. Unfortunately, I didn't know anything about nutrition or how to work out, and wasn't getting enough protein, or calories in general and was over training every time I went to the gym. All I did was cardio and count calories. I didn't care about the content of the food, I only cared about how many calories were in it. Needless to say, within two months, I was right back where I started because I didn't lose weight the right way. Now, with the help of my boyfriend who helped me put together a work out plan and better nutrition, I am on the path to a great body and health in a much safer way.


No comments:

Post a Comment